function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ravikant Ravikant 10Ravikant Ravikant 10 

I want to make the standard field "Description" on Case object editable even when the status is closed for a particular role.Can anyone provide me the solution as it is urgent.

Best Answer chosen by Ravikant Ravikant 10
Rangeshwara KonaRangeshwara Kona
Hi Ravikant,

you should add a bypass condition to the validation rule so that it won't be fired for the specific Role. Refer to below screenshot  & VR Code

AND(ISCHANGED( Description ), ISPICKVAL(Status,'Closed'),$User.UserRoleId  != '00Ed0000000Ien0')

User-added image

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Rangesh

All Answers

ShivaKrishna(Freelancer)ShivaKrishna(Freelancer)
Hi Ravikant, 

If I understood correct, You want to let only a perticular role to update description on a case once it got closed and others not. In normal case, as everyone can update descritpion even the case is closed, you need to create a validation rule where you checks the user's role and error out if the user's role is not the one we are trying to let for update.

let me know, if it helps you :)
shiva.sfdc.backup@gmail.com
Ravikant Ravikant 10Ravikant Ravikant 10
Hi Shiva,

As per the current functionality in salesforce for our org we have a validation rule which prohibits all the user to edit anything on case object once the status is closed. But I need that user with particular role should be able to edit only "Description" field on Case object. 
Rangeshwara KonaRangeshwara Kona
Hi Ravikant,

you should add a bypass condition to the validation rule so that it won't be fired for the specific Role. Refer to below screenshot  & VR Code

AND(ISCHANGED( Description ), ISPICKVAL(Status,'Closed'),$User.UserRoleId  != '00Ed0000000Ien0')

User-added image

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Rangesh
This was selected as the best answer