function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
reatlimecoreatlimeco 

debug log not showing up after running test

This problem seems to start when I run a new test from the developer console, change the code, then do a rerun of the test.  I did an error that the Id doesn't exist but yet it seems to start TWO tests, one that seems to run forever, and the retry with the expected failure.

I get no debug logs after this even after hours of waiting.

I tried to abort the running test but it says that I have to wait for it to finish.

I tried deleting all the debug logs to make sure that it was a space issue and then restarted the developer console.

Tried going a new test but the debug log doesn't appear.

I then tried running the test from the Setup menu and looked at the Debug Logs and there are still NONE.

Anyone else seeing this problem?  Any other work around to this problem?   Anyone know how long these tests are allowed to run before they get reset.

I notice that after a week.  It works again but only works for the first new test, then the rerun fails in the same way again!
Navandeep_Kaur23Navandeep_Kaur23
To make sure your logging messages are seen, use LoggingLevel.ERROR in your debug statement.
System.debug(LoggingLevel.ERROR, **message**);
It would also help to reduce the logging level on other levels down to the minimum level to reduce log size output.

Try it by executing the test class through  Setup > Develop > Apex Test Execution .