function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Melissa TividadMelissa Tividad 

Governance Around Call Ins (Boomi)

Hello - I'm new to Salesforce and I wanted to reach out/get answers on governance around Call Ins.

If I for example use "user1@practicefusion.com" as a login for Boomi to make calls to Salesforce (e.g. insert, update, upsert, etc.), how many threads (i.e. concurrency) can I utilize so that I can use that user multiple times in multiple simultaneous calls? E.g. If I have 2 processes in Boomi running simultaneously, 1 creating Opportunities, and the other updating Accounts, can I use the same user to make the call at the same time?

If no concurrency limit, what mechanism/governance does Salesforce enforce to make sure that I don't crash our instance?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Melissa

Best Answer chosen by Melissa Tividad
Daniel BallingerDaniel Ballinger

Hi Melissa,

The limits are documented in API Requests Limits (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.salesforce_app_limits_cheatsheet.meta/salesforce_app_limits_cheatsheet/salesforce_app_limits_platform_api.htm).

In particular you should check the Concurrent API Request Limits. These apply for concurrent calls taking longer than 20 seconds.

You should also check your Total API request limit for 24 hours.

Cheers,
Daniel

All Answers

Hi Melissa,

The limits are documented in API Requests Limits (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.salesforce_app_limits_cheatsheet.meta/salesforce_app_limits_cheatsheet/salesforce_app_limits_platform_api.htm).

In particular you should check the Concurrent API Request Limits. These apply for concurrent calls taking longer than 20 seconds.

You should also check your Total API request limit for 24 hours.

Cheers,
Daniel

This was selected as the best answer
Melissa TividadMelissa Tividad
Thanks for the quick response, Daniel! Appreciate it.

As a follow-up, would you know if these call-ins are written in the Event Logs? I was trying to view the logs in workbench but there are no results. I'm pretty sure I have the correct environment and know that they are only viewable after 24 hours - still no logs.
They should appear Event Monitoring API. As you mentioned there can be a delay between the API call and it appearing in the event logs. Also, the Event Monitoring API is a paid feature outside of developer edition orgs.

You could try the developer console debug logs as well. Just have the developer console open and logging configured for the user making the API calls.