function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Paul Cornwell 7Paul Cornwell 7 

How to allow custom app to login to Salesforce without Security Token for all user

Hello,

I have a custom app with a login page that allow the user to enter their credentials.  We then authenticate to Salesforce via the apis.   However, this requires each user to append a security token to their password.  How can I whitelist so that all users can just enter their username/pw without the security token?
Note:  I've tried whitelisting a blanket range under Security Controls/Network Access but this does not achieve the desired result for ALL users.
Help much appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul
Prateek Singh SengarPrateek Singh Sengar
Hi Paul,
You can add the blanket ip range under profile for your users. To do this go to
  • Profile > Select the profile that your users are assigned to
  • Navigate to Login IP Ranges
  • Click new and add range 0.0.0.0 to 255.255.255.255
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I did try this and receive an Error that the IP range is too large. It looks like blanket IP ranges can no longer be whitelisted. So, I'm looking for another way around this issue. I don't want all users to have to use Security Tokens with their logins. Thanks, Paul
Hi Paul,
Did you tried adding the ip range under users profile instead of security controls->network access->add IP range
Blanket IP ranges are allowed under user profile but not under network access.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding something. I'm have an app that users from any salesforce organization are using to log into their salesforce. (so I do not have the ability to administer THEIR particular salesforce system). Is there a way to do this so that all of these different users from different salesforces can authenticate through my app without the Security Token? Seems there must be away to do this. Thanks! Paul
Hi Paul,
Since users are logging into your app from a different salesforce org (this could be salesforce or any platform), these user should have corresponding user credentials in your org (where your app is hosted) or they might be using an integration user (common user) in your salesforce org (where your app is hosted). You can go to the profile of this user(s) and set the IP range. 

PS: I am assuming that the app your are trying to authenticate is a salesforce app