function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nathan LongNathan Long 

Using twitter's widgets.js with Lightning Components?

I've been tasked with adding a twitter feed to a page. The twitter TOS for embedding tweets requires some controls on the tweet that are provided by widgets.js. Since Lightning doesn't allow loading libraries from external sources, and Twitter doesn't allow local hosting of their library, this seems like a no-go. It does seem possible to load external libraries on community sites by modifying the header, which I'm not 100% opposed to doing if it gets the job done, but in this case, i believe the locker service will interfere with the functionality in widgets.js. Any advice here? There doesn't seem to be an obvious solution, short of pulling in tweet data via the twitter api, and then recreating the controls inside lightning, which would be a maintenance headache, and my fall outside Twitter's TOS.
Paul Murphy 24Paul Murphy 24
I've come up against the same problem.  Did you get anywhere in getting a twitter feed into a lightning component?
Anil Kumar Kunda 4Anil Kumar Kunda 4
I am aslo facing same issue(twitter feed into a lightning component).Anyone have any answer for this.
Scot ThomScot Thom
This is one solution that I found online - unsure if it's an exact fit for what you're looking for - https://sam-cousins.com/blog/embedding-twitter-feeds-on-lightning-pages/