function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Peter CowenPeter Cowen 

Process Builder error Record is currently in an approval process

I have created a process using the processor builder with the below criteria
If record type is X
and field X is false submit for approval
else
If record type is X
and field X is true submit for approval (different approval process)

The first criteria works but when setting field x to true i get (On creation)
This record is currently in an approval process. A record can be in only one approval process at a time.
Best Answer chosen by Peter Cowen
Peter CowenPeter Cowen
This was resolved by changing the process start to be created only as I was creating an infinite loop by having a action in the below order
1. Email
2. Submit for approval
3. Update Field 

All Answers

Peter CowenPeter Cowen
This was resolved by changing the process start to be created only as I was creating an infinite loop by having a action in the below order
1. Email
2. Submit for approval
3. Update Field 
This was selected as the best answer
Mukesh Kumar 107Mukesh Kumar 107
I had been getting error during approval process:

"Error Occurred: This record is currently in an approval process. A record can be in only one approval process at a time"

here are the points to note:
1. Makes sure none of the records are locked or in pending state
2. If you are doing bulk approval request, meaning calling multiple records for approval, then make sure NONE of them are in Pending status. RECALL all of them

Piyush Sinha 36Piyush Sinha 36
This error is happening because the process builder is firing again; recursion. To stop recursion create one field as a flag on the object and refer that field as a criterion so that the process builder should not fire again.

For example:

I have created one picklist field called "Approval status" and there are three values Submitted, Approved, Rejected.
In the approval process, I have added initial steps action to set this picklist value to "Submitted". Approval process sets this picklist to "Submitted" as soon as the approval process starts.

In my process builder, I have taken one criterion in criteria node like Approval status not equal to "Submitted".

And it worked.

User-added image

Niccolo Antinucci 7Niccolo Antinucci 7

@piyush - wouldn't it just create less complication to actually only have 

Start the process only when a record is created?