function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tom RushtonTom Rushton 

Adding custom content in community builder

Hello,

I'm trying to find out how to add custom content in the Community Builder. I was under the impression I have to build a component within Developer Console, but then I can't see how I get that component to appear within Community Builder? I've followed several different guides and none seem to make it appear anywhere to be selectable. I thought it'd be possible to make it appear within the lightning components list under the page editor section?

Thanks,

Tom
sfdcMonkey.comsfdcMonkey.com
hi Tom Rushton can you share your component code onces and also screenshort of community page where you want to add lightning component 
thanks
Tom RushtonTom Rushton
It's ok Piyush, I figured it out thanks! Needed to include implements="forceCommunity:availableForAllPageTypes" in the aura:component bit at the top.

Thanks anyway!

Tom
Jim JamJim Jam
Make sure your component header implements the right interfaces ...something like ..

<aura:component controller="xxxx" implements="force:appHostable,flexipage:availableForAllPageTypes,forceCommunity:availableForAllPageTypes" access="global" >
sfdcMonkey.comsfdcMonkey.com
yes for use component in communites use
<aura:component mplements="forceCommunity:availableForAllPageTypes" access="globel">
:)
mark your question as solve (best answer)  so it make proper solution for others in future 

James LoghryJames Loghry
Just tagging on here, but you don't need access="global" (unless you plan on exposing the component in a managed package).  You just need the following bit in your component:  
implements="forceCommunity:availableForAllPageTypes"