function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FilikinFilikin 

Network Access and IP Spoofing

Hi,
according to the documentation: "Network Access allows you to whitelist a set of IP address ranges that you trust."
If we use this, what is to stop an attacker who has learnt one of our user's passwords, spoofing our IP address to gain access to our system without a verification code?
Best Answer chosen by Filikin
Ankit SehgalAnkit Sehgal
Yes. If someone knows the IP Range for which your salesforce org is accessible then he/she can access without needing a verification code by IP Spoofing.
As a security mesure i would recommend that you remove all the IP ranges in Network Access.

All Answers

Ankit SehgalAnkit Sehgal
Reset the user's password.
FilikinFilikin
Hi Ankit, that only works if we know the user's password has been compromised. I was wondering if we use the Network Access feature, is it opening up the possibility of someone who has learnt a user's password gaining access to our Salesforce data via IP Spoofing? Eamon Kelly Senior Developer [logo] Phone: +353 1 6535099 Website: www.enclude.ie Drumcondra Business Centre, 120 Drumcondra Road Upper, Dublin 9 CHY: 17286 CRA: 20064006 Communities of Practice Tech Donations Training Cloud Solutions
Ankit SehgalAnkit Sehgal
Yes. If someone knows the IP Range for which your salesforce org is accessible then he/she can access without needing a verification code by IP Spoofing.
As a security mesure i would recommend that you remove all the IP ranges in Network Access.
This was selected as the best answer
FilikinFilikin
thanks Ankit, that's what I was afraid of. Eamon Kelly Senior Developer [logo] Phone: +353 1 6535099 Website: www.enclude.ie Drumcondra Business Centre, 120 Drumcondra Road Upper, Dublin 9 CHY: 17286 CRA: 20064006 Communities of Practice Tech Donations Training Cloud Solutions