function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Hera SoherwardyHera Soherwardy 

I want to create a custom table in salesforce (whether it's a new object or dashboard component)

The table would have 5 or 6 columns and multiple rows.
Each box would have a query / be filtered to include certain characteristics of a custom object.
What would the best approach to this be?
GauravGargGauravGarg

Hi Hera,

Going through a custom object would be one the best approach to fulfill the requirement. This would help us in many future enhancements like:
1. Adding custom validation rules to validate the data entered in the table.
2. Automating the process i.e. send email, field update or approval process on custom object.
3. Creating report (schedule reports) and dashboard with multiple filters. 

Hope this helps!!!.

Do let me know, if need more analysis on this or contact me on skype. Below are my details.

Thanks,
Gaurav

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I was looking to create a table like below.
The first column would be a sum of a filtered report looks at how many records were created last month on a custom 'Subscription' object. Second column would look at the new ones created this month. Third column would look at the ones with a 'termination date' of this month. 
So basically it would be special queries / filters for each box.
How would a I attempt to do this?

User-added image
GauravGargGauravGarg

Hera,

Please use custom approach i.e. VF / Controller approach to achieve this functionality.

Thanks,

Gaurav

I don't have much experience with VF. how would I go about creating this?
GauravGargGauravGarg

Please go through the link, an easy example how VF and its extension works. Please contact me for more details.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.salesforce_profile_tabs_cheatsheet.meta/salesforce_profile_tabs_cheatsheet/salesforce_profile_sample_visualforce_page.htm

Thanks,

Gaurav

Thanks