function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lavanya machaLavanya macha 

How to Make Multiple asynchronous SOAP Callouts using Continuation API class in one single transaction?

I am doing 2 webservice callouts from VF page contorller method which i am calling from action attribute of <apex:page> tag(onloading of page) and now i am trying to convert those two callouts into asynchronous callouts using continuation API class as stated in below link. Those two callouts need to happen in one single transaction.

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_continuation_overview.htm

But i am getting below errors.

Error-1: line -1, column -1: Continuation is not serializable.

Error-2: 
An internal server error has occurred
An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact Salesforce Support. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com! 

Error ID: 1529128587-55318 (-735899706)

So please help me?
V V Satyanarayana MaddipatiV V Satyanarayana Maddipati
Hi Lavanya,

You can make maximum 3 callouts in single execution context. Here is sample code : https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_continuation_multiple_callouts.htm. (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_continuation_multiple_callouts.htm)

Lavanya machaLavanya macha
Hi Satya, the example you provided is for REST integration but i need how to do that in SOAP integration. I think we don't have any salesforce documentaion on this. 
Marek CechMarek Cech
Hi Lavanya,

here is an example of how to execute 3 asynchronous calls::

public Continuation doCal() {
        Continuation cont = new Continuation(120);
        cont.continuationMethod = 'processResponse';

AsyncSapProductPrices.AsyncY_SF_GETPRICES service1 = new AsyncSapProductPrices.AsyncY_SF_GETPRICES();
            pricesResponseFuture1 = service1.beginYSfGetprices(cont, acc.SAP_ID__c, priceDate, 
                new SapProductPrices.YsfTtProductIn(icw1.itemChunk), selectedSellingOrganisation);

AsyncSapProductPrices.AsyncY_SF_GETPRICES service2 = new AsyncSapProductPrices.AsyncY_SF_GETPRICES();
            pricesResponseFuture2 = service2.beginYSfGetprices(cont, acc.SAP_ID__c, priceDate, 
                new SapProductPrices.YsfTtProductIn(icw2.itemChunk), selectedSellingOrganisation);

AsyncSapProductPrices.AsyncY_SF_GETPRICES service3 = new AsyncSapProductPrices.AsyncY_SF_GETPRICES();
            pricesResponseFuture3 = service3.beginYSfGetprices(cont, acc.SAP_ID__c, priceDate, 
                new SapProductPrices.YsfTtProductIn(icw3.itemChunk), selectedSellingOrganisation);

return cont;
}

public Object processResponse() {
        SapProductPrices.YSfGetpricesResponse_element result1;
        SapProductPrices.YSfGetpricesResponse_element result2;
        SapProductPrices.YSfGetpricesResponse_element result3;

try {
                result1 = pricesResponseFuture1.getValue();
                result2 = pricesResponseFuture2.getValue();
                result3 = pricesResponseFuture3.getValue();

} catch (Exception e) {
            system.debug(e);