function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Adeline MooreAdeline Moore 

Data Import Wizard issue?

Data import Wizard question?
I am trying my first attempt at Data Import Wizard. I am attemping to upload a small amount of info first attempt. All Im trying to add is the Terms I created for our HEDA environment. There are 4 terms in the year which include start and stop dates. Why when i try to uplad does it tell me I need to map an Account?
User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image
Best Answer chosen by Adeline Moore
Agustina GarciaAgustina Garcia
I think the issues is that on your Account Id column (in the csv file) you need the Account Id value. You are using the API name of the field, but you need something like "9060G000000XgHj". Does it make sense?

All Answers

Is it your Term object related to Account anyhow? Go to your Term custom object and double check the fields. Is there a Master - Detail field? Another option is a Lookup and it is checked as required.

Actually it not usual that if you have moe fields, they do not appear in the mapping section of import. Do you have rights to see the field?

My suggestion is to try to create a Term manually and also via some Apex code. If you go to Setup and open Developer Console, and Execute Anonymous, then try to run a test:
Term__c myTerm = new Term__c();
myTerm.Name = 'Test1';
myTerm.StartDate = System.today();
myTerm.EndDate = System.today();

insert myTerm;
If you don't get the same error, could you post a screen of the Term object?

The first screen shot is my CSV file 
User-added image 
Below is my errors I am getting

User-added image

Here are my screen shots from the Data import

User-added imageUser-added image

What Am i missing?
I think the issues is that on your Account Id column (in the csv file) you need the Account Id value. You are using the API name of the field, but you need something like "9060G000000XgHj". Does it make sense?
This was selected as the best answer
Agustina, that was my issue
Thank you