function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tommi PiirainenTommi Piirainen 

Problem with Creating a Sales Process and Using Opportunities

Error message I receive
I keep getting this error message on Hands-on challenge.

It's bit frustrating, because I've double checked everything.

Create an opportunity with the Opportunity Name = '500 units' - Done
Stage = Prospecting - Done
with any Amount and any Close Date in the future - Done 
Pick any value for the Account Name - Done
Add yourself to the opportunity team for the '500 units' opportunity with the Team Role of 'Sales Rep'. - Done and done.

Would anybody be so kind (and smarter than me) to help me with this problem?

Best Answer chosen by Tommi Piirainen
Agustina GarciaAgustina Garcia
Hi Tommi,

Sorry for the delay. I was able to make it work ... but actually not sure which is the difference with my previous try that didn't work.

Find a screenshot bellow. Please do not take into account buttons that are not Edit, Delete or Clone. The others are related to some other questions I have helped in forums.

Are you admin? That's the only thing that comes to my mind ... the Team Member, that it is myself, is admin. And the Close Date is today ... Hope this help and you are able to get this challenge.

User-added image

All Answers

Hi

I found this link (https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F0000000fyf6IAA) about the same issue. Hope this helps.

Thank you for a quick answer :)

Unfortunately that isn't the case with me.

Details are as following:
Details of my Opportunity
Put there extra stuff just to be sure, but with or without them it doesn't seem to work.

Here is the team-setting:
Team settings
I've also tried to remove this and do it again, but it just gives me the same error message...Curiouser and curiouser!

Case sensitive? Double check removing space for instance.

Could you also pass me the trailhead link? I can try to do it by myself

Thank you again for your effort :)

Ok, I double check spacing and hope that it's just that ,)

Link: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/admin_intro_opptys_leads/admin_intro_opptys_leads_opportunities

No typos, no easy solutions.

But am I in the right environment on Launch your Hands-on org?
Hands-on org selection

I also tried quickly and got the same error. I will take a look again during the weekend. Leave that for now and continue with the next one. Regarding the org. Yes, that's fine. Salesforce does not mind the org as long you have the challenge there.

Kiitoksia oikein paljon, thank you very much :)

I don't know if this related, but then again I don't believe in coincidences on these kind of matters...

I get the same kind of error message also in the next unit, Converting and Assigning Leads 

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/admin_intro_opptys_leads/admin_intro_opptys_leads_leads

I checked previous problem cases and it seems I'm not the first one. That one was solved by itself just by waiting overnight. I wish I'll be as lucky :D

I realised now (I continued my studies) that if the test is quiz that doesn't need to contact my Developer Edition, it will work just fine and I get points. But should there be any kind of need to contact "outside", Hands on challenge will say that I didn't do what was asked or I did it wrong.

Latest is in Assessing the Quality of Data (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/data_quality/data_quality_assess_your_data).

I installed  Data.com Assessment App into my Developer Edition, as instructions advised. But Challenge just says it's not completed.

Otherwise it would not matter, but I'm applying to this job position, and it's bit hard to explain that yes, really I've studied SalesForce, when there is no actual prrof of it...

Sorry but I was not able to check the trail during the weekend. I will try this one. I also understand what you say about no way to get some help or proff your did it when you have not gotten the badget. Try contacting them via Twitter (https://twitter.com/trailhead), maybe someone can help you
Hi Tommi,

Sorry for the delay. I was able to make it work ... but actually not sure which is the difference with my previous try that didn't work.

Find a screenshot bellow. Please do not take into account buttons that are not Edit, Delete or Clone. The others are related to some other questions I have helped in forums.

Are you admin? That's the only thing that comes to my mind ... the Team Member, that it is myself, is admin. And the Close Date is today ... Hope this help and you are able to get this challenge.

User-added image
This was selected as the best answer

Hi Agustina,

sorry for the delay in answering, I had other it-related problems (e.g. computer battery died and DNS stopped working, because when it rains, it pours :D).

I actually got it to work. I don't remember how I came to this, but I logged into Developer edition, tried again...and everything went smooth. No error messages, no problem at all.

This almost makes you believe that there really is a Santa Claus. So for now I'm ok, since my trail took me to quizzes now, so no need to check the settings of my Salesforce.

I very much appreciate the effort you took to help me. Thank you.

Have a Merry Christmas! \o_. 

Happy to know it worked. Merry Christmas to you too :)