function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RobAlexanderRobAlexander 

Lightning Alternatives to JavaScript Buttons challenge in Trailhead

When checking the challenge I get this message:

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
There was an unexpected error while verifying this challenge. Usually this is due to some pre-existing configuration or code in the challenge Org. We recommend using a new Developer Edition (DE) to check this challenge. If you're using a new DE and seeing this error, please post to the developer forums and reference error id: BEDOVIZO

What exactly is causing this error?
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

This error goes away after some time when you log out and log in again.

Please clear your browser cache and cookies and then again log in and check challenge.

Hope this helps you!

If this helps you please mark it as solved.

Thanks and Regards
Sandhya
ToxtarToxtar
I am having trouble with what I am to do with this trailhead module.  I am at this stage and have installed lightning component quickcontact.
I am not a dev so this is hard for me.

Create a Lightning Action
To complete this challenge, you need to add a Lightning component to your org. Then use that component to create a Lightning action on the Account object. When the action’s button is clicked, it creates a new contact based on form input. To get started, install this package that contains the component bundle that you'll need to modify.
  • The Lightning component must be named quickContact. (Does this name need to include the capital C in contact? It is loaded as all lowercase
  • Add the appropriate interfaces to the quickContact component. (Hint: there are two.) What does this mean?  Is this referring to editing the code?
  • Create a new action with Label Quick Contact and Name Quick_Contact on the Account object that invokes the quickContact component.
  • Add the action to the Account Layout page layout.
  • Having trouble installing your app? Read this article for help.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.