function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
snchandusnchandu 

How to access the custom fields created in custom tabs by creating new formula field in accounts.

I created 2 Custom Tab and Custom Fields in these two custom tabs. I created master detail relationship with accounts in these two custom tabs. I want to create new formula field in accounts to use these custom fields from custom tabs. I'm not able to populate in formula field. Can you help me
Sudipta DebSudipta Deb
Hi snchandu,

I think by Custom Tab, you wanted to mean Custom Objects. Now with Master-Detail relationship, you can create roll-up summary fields on master object which is Account in your case. But since you wanted to create formula field, you have to do that in Detail object i.e. your custom objects.

Below are few important considerations while choosing "Cross Object Formula Field" -
  • Cross-Object formula works with master-detail as well as lookup relationship. You need to make sure cross-object formula field is on the detail side of the master-detail relationship.
  • Cross-Object formula can reference fields from objects that are upto 10 relationships away.
  • Cross-Object formula referencing Currency field converts the currency value as per the record where the formula field is added. However is the currency field is from a custom settings, then the value will not be converted.
  • Salesforce allows a maximum 10 unique relationships per object in cross-object formulas.
  • You can’t reference cross-object formulas in roll-up summary fields.
  • In cross-object formulas, you can’t reference merge fields for objects related to Activities. For example, merge fields for Account and Contact are not available in cross-object formulas in Task and Event object.
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=fields_creating_cross_object_notes.htm&language=en_US&type=0

Please select this as "Best Answer" if it helps. Thanks.