function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SRI RAM ASRI RAM A 

How to create Custom field in Opportunity contact role object

Hi all, if any possible method to create ext id or custom field in Opportunity contact role object in salesforce  by using force.com IDE or Apex class
GarryPGarryP
Hi,

You should be able to add the custom field easily using Metadata API. Looks like you need to add fields in ulk for that i would sugest use force.com IDe (Eclipse)
1. Goto object defintion .object file
2. open and see that there are <fields> tags that reresent custom fields.
3. Just copy paste the neccesary field type you would lilke to add and details as per your requir,et.
4. Save to server
5. Field is created

you can export the field tag in excel file as well and populate all the neccessary columns and than covert all the columns to neccessary XML format.

hope this helps
SRI RAM ASRI RAM A
Hi girish,

this method is not possible to create field because opp.contact role is Standard salesforce functionality, when i try to create, i am getting error:
Save error: OpportunityContactRole.Ext_id__c : Cannot add custom fields to entity: OpportunityContactRole

SO that any another way to create custom field? 
GarryPGarryP
i missed opportunityContactRole part.
unfortunately at this point of time we cannot add any custom field of contactROle object here is an idea you can upvote it.
https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000hi0oAAA

Just a suggestion if it works - You might want to create some custom field in depednent conatct object or some lookup tabel where you can store the external ID mapping for each opportunity and their contacts (who are acting as theri contactroles).