function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Baird StraughanBaird Straughan 

Does Data.Com require pre-2012 Salesforce Instances to Migrate to a New Instance?

Data.Com setup options don't appear in a developer instance I created in 2012, and now I verify they also don't appear in production instances created in 2012 and 2009.  My clients need the Data.Com functions, and I'm deploying new code that takes advantage of them.  Or I'm trying to.

Data.Com setup options should appear in the left menu bar:

Correct options showig for Data.Com
But my older development (and production) instances only show:

User-added image
I've spoken with the Data.Com tech support and they tell me that for the developer instance, I have to create a new developer instance and then migrate my code and data over to it.  The old template apparently doesn't support data.com fully.  Okay, I can live with that.

But now I'm worried that the same is also true of my clients' production instances which I created before 2012.  Their menus lack the Data.Com options as well.  Does this mean if I want to deploy code that relies on Data.Com I have to move them to a new instance and migrate all their data?  If so, that's a major problem. and it's hard to believe no one has raised a warning.

Somebody please tell me I'm crazy.  I'll update this when I hear back from tech support.