function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Carlos Alonso RodriguezCarlos Alonso Rodriguez 

Discover Lightning Actions: Create a Lightning Action

Hi Salesforce gurus, 
         I am in the unit named: "Discover Lightning Actions" in the challenge called: "Create a Lightning Action": This Challenge has the following statement: "To complete this challenge, you need to add a Lightning component to your org. Then use that component to create a Lightning action on the Account object. When the action’s button is clicked, it creates a new contact based on form input. To get started, install this package that contains the component bundle that you'll need to modify.
The Lightning component must be named quickContact.
Add the appropriate interfaces to the quickContact component. (Hint: there are two.)
Create a new action with Label Quick Contact and Name Quick_Contact on the Account object that invokes the quickContact component.
Add the action to the Account Layout page layout."

-> I have downloaded the package and installed it in my Developer account, as you can see in the picture below:

User-added image

When I try to create the new action in the account object throughout the section: Buttons, links, and actions in the object manager, I find that selecting Lightning Component from the Action type drop-down list the next field with the label: “Lightning Component” does not show any record and it should show quickContact.

User-added image

I was wondering if you could help me, and let me know the mistakes or the lack of steps that I could have missed in this challenge.
   Any comment will be helpful, and many thanks in advance.  

Carlos ALONSO-RODRÍGUEZ
E-mail: carlos.alonso.rodriguez1@gmail.com
Móvil: +34 666 16 05 48 
Web: https://es.linkedin.com/in/carlosalonsorodrigue
Blog: http://blogmisproyetosuniversitarios-carlos.blogspot.com.es/
Best Answer chosen by Carlos Alonso Rodriguez
sfdcMonkey.comsfdcMonkey.com
Hello Carlos Alonso Rodriguez and Kathryn Burns,
after installed packege go to developer console ---> click on file --> open lightning Resources ---> select and open lightning component with name is- -> quickContact

in the quickContact  lightning component page add 2 interface which enable this component to new action page.

<aura:component controller="QuickContactController"  implements="force:lightningQuickActionWithoutHeader , force:hasRecordId"  >

now Create a new action with Label Quick Contact and Name Quick_Contact on the Account object that invokes the quickContact component.
User-added image
and don't forget to this button on account page layout Quick Contact :)
thanks
let me inform if it helps you and mark it best answer if it helps you so it make proper solution for others

All Answers

Hello Carlos Alonso Rodriguez and Kathryn Burns,
after installed packege go to developer console ---> click on file --> open lightning Resources ---> select and open lightning component with name is- -> quickContact

in the quickContact  lightning component page add 2 interface which enable this component to new action page.

<aura:component controller="QuickContactController"  implements="force:lightningQuickActionWithoutHeader , force:hasRecordId"  >

now Create a new action with Label Quick Contact and Name Quick_Contact on the Account object that invokes the quickContact component.
User-added image
and don't forget to this button on account page layout Quick Contact :)
thanks
let me inform if it helps you and mark it best answer if it helps you so it make proper solution for others

This was selected as the best answer
Kathryn BurnsKathryn Burns
User-added image

Do you know why it won't let me add the button? 
hi Kathyn
click on override the predifine actions on Salesforce1 and Lightning Experience Actions  section then you can drag and drop your quick contact action there .
User-added imageclick on override the predifine actions

User-added image darg and drop you quick contact action on
Salesforce1 and Lightning Experience Actions  section

thanks
i hope it helps you and  Carlos Alonso Rodriguez.:)
Let me inform if it helps you 

Carlos Alonso RodriguezCarlos Alonso Rodriguez
Many Thanks @piyush_soni. Your first comment helped me to sort out the challenge. 

You are a Salesforce crack. 

All the best wishes, 

Rob Kaplan - NH/MARob Kaplan - NH/MA
@piyush_soni I am struggling with the same Trailhead element.  Now trying in a new TH playground. Now getting a new error - "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: The Lightning Component 'quickContact' was not found".  I'm confused.  I can see the installed Lightning Componet though it is named / labeled "quickcontact".  What can I try next?
Rob Kaplan - NH/MARob Kaplan - NH/MA
@piyush_soni one more thing:  the Quick Action is on the page, and it executes as expected...
SIMON KANGSIMON KANG
I am receiving the following error 

There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: IYVHZKAT. Error: Faraday::ClientError. Message: MALFORMED_QUERY: When retrieving results with Metadata or FullName fields, the query qualifications must specify no more than one row for retrieval. Result size: 2

Ben KellerBen Keller
For those finding this page, I made the following mistakes when trying to complete Discover Lightning Actions. 
  1. When you choose your Lightning Component, the default Name does not match what the challenge is looking for.
  2. When I had added the Lighting action with the wrong name, I added it to the page layout and it functioned properly. The challenge failed. When I fixed the Name of the Lighting Action, it removed the previous Lightning Action from my page layout so the test failed again. If you make the mistake of misnaming the Lightning Action, you have to re-add it to the page layout.
Gbolahan JolapamoGbolahan Jolapamo
To rename your component you will have to delete it and create a new one with the correct name. I did this and still:

There was an unhandled exception. Please reference ID: BCWQMYFZ. Error: Faraday::ClientError. Message: MALFORMED_QUERY: When retrieving results with Metadata or FullName fields, the query qualificatio​ns must specify no more than one row for retrieval. Result size: 2

any ideas?