function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ckellieckellie 

Help with structuring apex code

I have a business process managed with workflow rules that I an debating using apex code for but don't know which way to proceed. Currently I have aproximately 80 workflow rules and 100 field updates active on one object too write a description of the record when the record is created and updated. These field updates are updating a string of text fields. In another automation the text fields are concatenated updated into a long text field to form a bulletted list.

I now need to combine both processes into one, where the logic from the workflow rules and field updates will run and update the long text field. Although I have been programming for years, this is the largest project that I have tackled. Would anyone advise me on how to structure this project to run the most efficiently and allow for the best maintanence?

Thank you
Best Answer chosen by ckellie
Pankaj MehraPankaj Mehra
Hi ckellie,

I suggest you can use Process Builder as its best fit for you situation, You can tackle multiple Workflow condition there and can do multiple field updates and for complex logics you can invoke a apex code as well from it.

Thanks

All Answers

Pankaj MehraPankaj Mehra
Hi ckellie,

I suggest you can use Process Builder as its best fit for you situation, You can tackle multiple Workflow condition there and can do multiple field updates and for complex logics you can invoke a apex code as well from it.

Thanks
This was selected as the best answer
ckellieckellie
Thank you