function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
John C SchaafJohn C Schaaf 

Using Report Formats - Matrix Report

I'm building my Matrix report in the exercise contained in the Reports and Dashboards > Using Report Formats page. The instructions say that I'm supposed to drag the Opportunity Owner field and drag it to the "Drop a field here to group across report blocks" grouping drop zone.

7. Now we’ll group all three blocks by sales rep. Drag the Opportunity Owner field to the horizontal bar that says, “Drop a field here to group across report blocks.” (This is called the grouping drop zone.)

But when I try to do that, the Opportunity Owner field is all grayed out, and won't stay there. What's the deal? [The screen shot looks like I'm not in the correct area to drag the field, but I'm dragging it into the "Drop a field here to group across report blocks." area.

Grouping Drop Zone Matrix Reports Not Working

Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Hi John,

You have made the right actions. 

That should have worked like below ( green check and drag & drop without problem ).

1) Save your report ("Pipeline Predictor")
2) Create some opportunities because your grand total is zero (I have a grand total of near 2,000,000 $)

User-added image

User-added image

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.workbook_analytics.meta/workbook_analytics/analytics4_step1.htm December 17, 2016
·
Alain