function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rick UptonRick Upton 

Which class would help me the most in the future for Salesforce development: Java EE or JavaScript/AJAX?

Hello All,

I have one more class to take to get an "Internet Programming & Development" certification from the University of California Santa Cruz, Silicon Valley Extension. I can either take "Developing Java and Java EE Applications with Spring Framework and Hibernate" or "JavaScript and AJAX, Comprehensive". I have already taken the prerequisites for these classes "Introduction to Web Programming: JavaScript and PHP", "Java Programming for Beginners," and "Java Programming, Comprehensive". Once I complete this UCSC Extension certification, I will start working on Trailhead to learn Salesforce development . Which class, the Java EE or the JavaScript/AJAX class, would better prepare me for getting started with Salesforce development and eventually getting a "Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I" certification?
Rick UptonRick Upton
Hello Alain, Thank you very much for your detailed answer with links, it’s extremely helpful. Best regards, Rick
Rick UptonRick Upton
Hi Alain, Thank you for your valuable insights, I greatly appreciate it. Best regards, Rick
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Best regards, Alain (many typos in my posts)