function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ken KoellnerKen Koellner 

Is there anyway to keep the Eclipse IDE from included Referenced Packages?

When I create a new Eclipse projects where I only want to work on a few modules, it still brings in everything in everything Referenced Packages.  That's over 4600 items for our org.  So it takes five to ten minutes just to create a new Eclipse project and loads up the workspace with a huge amount of stuff I don't need.

Is there anyway to get the Eclipse IDE to not load the stuff in Referenced Packages?
Ken KoellnerKen Koellner
I'll give that a go.  Unfortunatly, if you the project you have on disk already has the Referenced Packages, it's going to copy the files locally.  But once I get one project without it, I can probably create more.
Alain CabonAlain Cabon
Exact when you refresh without reaplying the filter each time all the data are updated (otherwise only empty folders are created). 

I deleted the non-wanted folders and reaplying the filter and the writting of the data of the non-wanted folders is blocked but if all the data are pulled anyway as you say from the server the total time must be probably the same.

So this filter option just prevents the writting of the data but not the pulling from the server.

Not interesting.

We have to write a complete package.xml file but not sure it is possible to filter some Referenced Package.

Alain