function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brennan Butler 15Brennan Butler 15 

I have a formula for a naming convention on Opportunity, I need this formula to also update the Amount in the naming convention when the Amount on the Opportunity is changed

Here is the formula - It is pulling in all needed information, but when the amount on the opportunity is updated it is not pulling in the new amount. Does anyone have any ideas how to make this work. I was thinking I may have to have a workflow with this code to update everytime an opportunity record is updated?

Account.Name &  IF( Amount > 0, " - $" &  TEXT(Amount) , "") &  IF( LEN( Project_Code__c) > 0 , " - Project " &  Project_Code__c , "") &  IF( ISBLANK( CloseDate ) = FALSE , " - " &  TEXT(MONTH(CloseDate)) & "/" & TEXT(DAY(CloseDate)) & "/" & TEXT(YEAR(CloseDate)),"")

Thank you for any help
Arti KulkarniArti Kulkarni
Hello Brennan,

Try using + sign and the spelling for "AND" instead of '&'

AND (
Account.Name ,
IF( Amount > 0, " - $" +  TEXT(Amount) , ""),
IF( LEN( Project_Code__c) > 0 , " - Project " + Project_Code__c , "") ,
IF( ISBLANK( CloseDate ) = FALSE , " - " +  TEXT(MONTH(CloseDate)) & "/" & TEXT(DAY(CloseDate)) & "/" & TEXT(YEAR(CloseDate)),"") )

I didn't modify the whole formula you will have to do it but this is how you can arrange your formula for better visibility and understanding