function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sumedha govindaraya 9sumedha govindaraya 9 

Could not find the 'Expense__c' custom object with the correct fields. getting this error while i am verifying lightning component basics trailhead.

I am verifying Lightning Components Basics Trailhead and getting thsi error in first challenge. I have verified that all fields are created properly and have all permissions for system admin. Please help
Best Answer chosen by sumedha govindaraya 9
sfdcMonkey.comsfdcMonkey.com
hi sumedha govindaraya
make sure your trailhead hands on org connect with your working org. where you create Expanses and Camping Item object and also check fields level security for all fields, give read permission to fields 
and your object looks like
expenses
User-added image

Camping item
User-added image

let me inform if it helps you
thanks

All Answers

sumedha govindaraya 9sumedha govindaraya 9
Hi Piyush,
I am trying to verify "Lightning Components Basics" module "Before You Start" chapter. I have created the Expense as mentioned in the trailhead. But getting the error "Could not find the 'Expense__c' custom object with the correct fields." when I try to verify. Below is a image of the object details.
User-added image

sfdcMonkey.comsfdcMonkey.com
hi sumedha govindaraya
make sure your trailhead hands on org connect with your working org. where you create Expanses and Camping Item object and also check fields level security for all fields, give read permission to fields 
and your object looks like
expenses
User-added image

Camping item
User-added image

let me inform if it helps you
thanks
This was selected as the best answer
Dora Babu KOTTHRU 7Dora Babu KOTTHRU 7
I am also getting Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
Could not find the 'Expense__c' custom object with the correct fields.

and when I creating custom object with Expense__c' it is giving error so I changed to Expense_c and it work but my Trailahead challenge say not found. 
Andrea Del LinzAndrea Del Linz
I had the same error. As it has been suggested by piyush_soni, the issue was related to field visibility. The Date custom field was not visibile by anyone. So if you are experiencing the same error, I would recommend to double-check the visibility of all of your custom fields.

Dora Babu KOTTHRU 7, the right Object Name is Expense, the "__c" suffix will be added by salesforce. 

Best Regards,
andrea
Haranath MHaranath M
I had similar issue. Issue was fixed when i correct the field visibility to 
Thank you 
Manoj KumawatManoj Kumawat
please check required checkbox in every field(Always require a value in this field in order to save a record)..if its unchecked..doing checked
DANIEL MONSALVEDANIEL MONSALVE
My problem was that I was working my trailhead in Spanish, and that the Date field is called "Fecha" in the translation.   Please be sure that all the field names, have the correct name in English.
Apoorva Jain 13Apoorva Jain 13
Hi all,
I pass this challenge.Firstly make sure u done in trailhead org. Make all the field required of Expense object and also give read permission to Reimbursed field which is checkbox field type and make sure it is unchecked and when we create the object Expense u checked all the checkbox of optional feature and object classification.
Regards,
Apoorva Jain
Akansha RangariAkansha Rangari
Hii all,
If you are getting this error "Could not find the 'Expense__c' custom object with the correct fields" please check your Fields name are they correctly spelled or not and datatype also.
And please don't chnage "__c" suffix it is provided by salesforce for denoting customize things like Fields or objects,etc..
If you unable to pass this challenge then also I would say change the org. If you trying to solve it in Trailhead Playground take this challenge in your salesforce developer org.
Hope this would help you.
述天 劉 5述天 劉 5
Hi all,
In my opinion,you should change [LANGUAGE] to English,and do everything follow the lesson([Starts with vowel sound]checked;).
Especially ,[4.Add custom fields to the Expense object.]
Hope this would help you.
chinnadurai pchinnadurai p
Please properly explain:

and when I creating custom object with Expense__c' it is giving error so I changed to Expense_c and it work but my Trailahead challenge say not found. 
chinnadurai pchinnadurai p
Please properly explain:

and when I creating custom object with Expense__c' it is giving error so I changed to Expense_c and it work but my Trailahead challenge say not found. User-added image

User-added image
Tatsuro EsakiTatsuro Esaki
Hi, I also could not complete this challenge.

Since I think that the cause maybe come from the vowel sound....
As the instruction says as following, but I could not find this check box.
"Starts with vowel sound]checked"

PLS help me...
M VellankiM Vellanki
Hi All, I couldnot find the bug where i went wrong!! Everything looks right but getting error.
"'Challenge not yet complete in My Trailhead Playground 6
Could not find the 'Expense__c' custom object with the correct fields."'
1.Language setting is English
2. I am using Trailhead Playground 
3. Expense__c fields have read access.
Please Help me...
Expense__c fieldsCamping Item fieldsExpense__c field level accesserror
Rohit_SupeRohit_Supe
Hello M Vellanki,
I have checked the images provided by you for the issue - "Could not find the 'Expense__c' custom object with the correct fields". It shows that you didn't active my domain settings for your developer org. If you are using Trailhead playground then My Domain is Already On in Your Trailhead Playground. But for the developer account which you are using need to active my domain first then check challenge. Also, your first image showing the developer account & last image showing you have selected the trailhead account for verification. So please precisely select on which org you have created the custom object & fields as per the module.

My Domain is required to develop with Lightning components". It will surely work. if anything requires let me know. 

Thanks,
Rohit Supe
MASAYAMASAYA
Hello.
I also encountered the same error but was able to resolve it.
Please confirm that the API name of the date is date.
We look forward to helping you.
Praba ThamizhvaananPraba Thamizhvaanan
I also experienced the same issue. But I resolved it by setting "Set Field-Level Security" to "Read-only" for every field in the Expense custom object. Happy Learning!!!
Caio RochaCaio Rocha
When you go to create the objects within Expense, make sure they are placed CORRECTLY! I had the same problem, however, I just managed to do it and I didn't need to change anything in the configuration. To reinforce the correct objects, I'll put them all here: Number/Amount Amount/Length: 16, Decimal Places: 2. Text/Client Client/Length: 50. Date/Date/Date. Checkbox/ Reimbursed/ Reimbursed.
Bharani Talluri 9Bharani Talluri 9
Scroll up and look for custom fields that needed to be created in the Expense custom Object.