function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gary Spencer 100Gary Spencer 100 

Wave Dataset Creation Record Row Limit 10000 error

I am creating Datasets using the Dataflow Builder in Wave Analytics.  On one dataset I keep getting an error that states the dataflow failed due to record rows exceeds 10000 record row limits...   How can I using JSON either break up the extraction into batches or change the default limit.
NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Gary,

The maximum number of rows returned per query is 10,000.
10,000 is the default value if you don't specify any value. To set a different value, you can use the SAQL limit statement.
Query timeout will be in 2 minutes.

SAQL limit reference: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.bi_dev_guide_eql.meta/bi_dev_guide_eql/bi_eql_statement_limit.htm

There is a blog from Andrew about downloading a dataset where he talks about changing the limit and querying more records.. but the maximum he mentions is around 75,000 after which it times out. For more information check here: Please mark this as solved if it helps.

Regards,
Nagendra.

Gary Spencer 100Gary Spencer 100
thanks.... but I need to know how to set the query limit paramenter in the JSON script to Extract the record rows when creating the dataset using the dataflow builder.....  the utility allows me to edit the query to download records from existing datasets