function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Natalia Rex 1Natalia Rex 1 

User cant activate flow, Error: You cant activate this flow becuase it always runs in system context

Hello, I am teaching a user at our organization to create and run a simple flow that created that creates a Campaign Member, and verifies a few things. On her profile she has: Manage and Run Flow checked (via permission set I created for her called Manage and Run Flows), and has access to write, modify, edit, delete.  However, when she clicked on Activate, she got some error "You cant activate this flow because it always runs in system context." When I temporarily changed her profile to System Administrator she was able to activate it, but we do not want to have every user that wants to run this flow to be System Administrator, due to privacy reasons.

From Salesforce Support I got information that I should do the following:

1: Open the flow.
2 : Click on Save As.
3 : Click on 'Show Advanced'
3 : Under 'How to Run the Flow' select 'System Context with Sharing—Enforces Record-Level Access' (https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=release-notes.rn_forcecom_flow_fbuilder_system_mode.htm&type=5&release=224)
4 : Save it.

However, How to run the flow is not visible! Even for me, System Administrator and owner of the Flow. During the call, they had me change to Classic version - no change. This option is not available to me as a system administrator, I do not see it. I am sending a screenshot of what I see.
Flow advanced settings
As a summary:

1. I, System administrator does not have option on how to run the flow
2. The user has ability to build, create, duplicate and run flows, but not activate it.

3. The user has access to create, modify, access, delete record objects that are included in the flow.

Nick Cirino 10Nick Cirino 10
For me, I needed the "Modify All Data" Permission. Then I could activate
_yash__yash_
Same issue here. Even with modify all permissions doesn't show me the option to activate the flow. Getting same error as above You cant activate this flow because it always runs in system context.