function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Steve Chilcoat 6Steve Chilcoat 6 

Unable to make edits to any other record from User record

I am building a simple flow that sets a checkbox on a related custom object record whenever a user record is set to inactive.  I can't get this to work.  I recieve the following error every time.

"Unable to Access Page The value of a parameter contains a character that is not allowed or the value exceeds the maximum allowed length. Remove the character from the parameter value or reduce the value length and resubmit. If the error still persists, report it to our Customer Support team. Provide the URL of the page you were requesting as well as any other related information."

That error doesn't relate to anything I am doing.  I am not passing any values from the User record to my related record.  I am simply updating a checkbox on that related record.  

Is there some salesforce limitation when dealing with the User object?
Best Answer chosen by Steve Chilcoat 6
Turns out you can't run immediate record creates or field updates from the User object.  You have to use a time delayed update.

All Answers

Derrick AbbeyDerrick Abbey
In your flow, are you just setting the value of the checkbox to true, or are you using $GlobalConstant.True?
$GlobalConstant.True
I have tried both ways actually.  I have tried building this in a flow using $GlobalConstant.True and I have also tried building it in a Process builder where you set it to a Boolean value of True.  I get the same error either way.
Derrick AbbeyDerrick Abbey
I'd suggest checking your debug logs to see if there is any other automation that is attempting to set anything that is a value that is too long (usually a text or number field).  Sometimes it's actually a downstream error that is causing the error, but it shows up in the flow you're working on.
Turns out you can't run immediate record creates or field updates from the User object.  You have to use a time delayed update.
This was selected as the best answer