function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chandra Kant BaghelChandra Kant Baghel 

How does one gets debug logs of connected app.

Hi All

Just Wanted to know, how do we get debug logs of any action that is performed in Salesforce through some connected app?

Thanks
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Chandra,
By definition, Connected apps use protocols like SAML, OAuth, and OpenID Connect to authenticate, authorize, and provide single sign-on (SSO) for external apps.

So you should be able to see entries in the login history if the action via the connected app was successful/failed.

Metadata of connected app: https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_meta.meta/api_meta/meta_connectedapp.htm 

Hope this helps you. Please mark this answer as best so that others facing the same issue will find this information useful. Thank you
Sarina Salim 2Sarina Salim 2
I needed to do this recently too. I was able to find the Connected App user from the Login histroy by filtering on the "Application" column. In my case it was Splunk. HTH
Sarina Salim 2Sarina Salim 2
Addendum: still cannot get debug logs even after identifying the user. Wondering if once authenticated as that user, the app makes subsequent calls using the client id of the connected app and that doesn't get logged? Any pointers anyone?