function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
和仁 田中和仁 田中 

cannnot make apex

hi

i started to make a web page on saleforce with a trial account today.
but i cannot make apex class.
how can i make apex class?
cannot make apex class
Jayeshkumar ParmarJayeshkumar Parmar

Hello 和仁 田中,

You might be using Professional edition trail org.

Did you sign up from below link for developer edition.

https://developer.salesforce.com/signup

I would suggest you sign up from above link and then try to create new apex class, 

Please Mark It As Best Answer If It Helps
Thank You.

Suraj Tripathi 47Suraj Tripathi 47

You're probably viewing it in the Production environment. You need to be in either a Sandbox or Developer Org to create new Apex classes. In production you are not able to create class or trigger.

Development Mode is not the same as your environment. You can be in Development Mode and be in Production.

1. Do you see in the upper right anything that says "Sandbox". You typically get a small text in upper right of browser which tells you which Sandbox you are in. If you don't see that then you are in a Production or Developer Edition Environment.

Go to Setup -> Data Management. Do you see an option for Sandboxes? If you do than you are in a Production org. Login to one of the Sandboxes to make your Apex Classes.

Checkout the Developer Guide Docuemntation on the developer.force.com, the deployment section, for more details.

I will suggest you to register for a developer account. It will give you full freedom to test almost all major feature of salesforce. Plus you can keep it as long as you want. 

http://www.developerforce.com/events/regular/registration.php?d=70130000000EjHb

Please mark it as the best answer so that other people can take references from it.

Thank You

Jayeshkumar ParmarJayeshkumar Parmar

For those who are having the same issue,

you can goto

Setup > company information

to check which edition you are in.

Thanks.