function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Maria FranklinMaria Franklin 

How to remove dataset from analytics dashboard

Hello, 

I'm fairly new to Einstein Analytics.

I have an Analytics dashboard. When I look at the properties, I see that two datasets are associated with it. I only need one of those datasets. 

How do I diassociate a dataset from an analytics dashboard? 

Note: The dataset that I want to disassociate cannot be deleted as it it used for other dashboards. 

Thanks! 
Maria F. 

VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Maria,

You can reach out to Tableau CRM group on
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/trailblazer-community/groups/0F9300000009MBPCA2?tab=discussion for inputs on your ask.

Please close the thread by selected as Best Answer so that we can keep our community clean

Thanks,
Kimia MoorisKimia Mooris
Hi Maria,
To disassociate a dataset from an Analytics dashboard in Salesforce Einstein Analytics, you can follow these steps:
Open the Analytics Studio in your Salesforce org.
Navigate to the dashboard that you want to modify.
Click on the "Edit" button for the dashboard to enter the edit mode.
In the edit mode, click on the "Data" tab at the top of the dashboard editor.
On the left-hand side, you will see a list of datasets associated with the dashboard. Find the dataset that you want to disassociate and click on the "X" icon next to it.
A confirmation dialog will appear asking if you want to remove the dataset from the dashboard. Click "Remove" to confirm.
Once you remove the dataset, the widgets and components in the dashboard that were using data from that dataset will no longer display any data.
After removing the dataset, you can make any necessary adjustments to the remaining widgets and components to ensure they continue to work as expected with the remaining dataset.
When you're done, click the "Save" button to save your changes to the dashboard. https://www.ballsportsgear.com/adam-stone/
By following these steps, you can disassociate a dataset from an Analytics dashboard without deleting the dataset itself. This allows you to reuse the dataset in other dashboards or reports as needed.
fransecca jeanfransecca jean
Hi,
According to my knowledge access the analytics dashboard platform or tool that you are using. Navigate to the settings or configuration options for the specific analytics dashboard you want to modify. Look for the "Data Sources" or "Datasets" section within the dashboard settings. This is where you typically manage the datasets associated with the dashboard. Identify the dataset you want to disassociate and find the corresponding option or action for removing or detaching it from the dashboard. The specific terminology and steps may vary depending on the analytics platform you are using. Select the dataset you want to disassociate from the dashboard and confirm your action. Some platforms might ask for additional confirmation before proceeding. After confirming, the dataset should be successfully disassociated from the analytics dashboard. It will no longer be used for data visualization or analysis within that particular dashboard. 
fransecca jeanfransecca jean
I haver some information about analytics dashboard in Einstein Analytics. Open the Analytics dashboard that you want to modify. Click on the "Edit" button or the pencil icon to enter edit mode. Once in edit mode, locate the component or widget that is using the dataset you want to disassociate. Click on the component to select it. In the properties pane or settings panel of the component, look for the dataset configuration. There should be an option to select the dataset associated with the component. Click on the dropdown menu and choose the dataset you want to keep. Save your changes by clicking on the "Save" button or the floppy disk icon. The dataset will still exist and remain associated with other dashboards or components where it is being used. i hope it will be helpful for you !!!!    https://www.targetpayandbenefits.review/