function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sufyan p ksufyan p k 

issue in email to lead

i wrote an apex class and created emailservices but it is only working when i send the email to the very long salesforce generated email address and lead is generating but i need to generate lead when i give small address like abc@gmail.com    is this possible?
Best Answer chosen by sufyan p k
Maharajan CMaharajan C
Hi,

Follow the below steps to Verify the Email Service Address:

1. In you email service class include the following line:
System.debug(email);

User-added image

2. Before you send the verification email open developer console to capture the debug log.

3. Now click the verify button or resend email in Forwarding and POP/IMAP settings. 

4. Now go to developer console and you will see the log where you can find the verification code.

User-added image

If it helps mark it as best answer!!!

Thanks,
Maharajan.C

All Answers

Maharajan CMaharajan C
Hi Sufyan,

You can use the sepeare email id for this. Just you need to forward the emails to salesforce generated email address. But use some filters to narrowdown the emails. Don't forward all the emails to Salesforce. You have to configure this in your Gmail/ Outlook / yahoo forward emails settings.

In your abc@gmail.com email account add the salesforce generated email address in  Forwarding and POP/IMAP.

It's same like Email-to-Case setup.
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000328923&type=1&mode=1

Thanks,
Maharajan.C

sufyan p ksufyan p k
hai maharajan 
   thanking for your reply its working fine ,but the problem is it is asking for the verification code that send to the address created by salesforce where can i get the code?
 thanks 
 sufyan
Maharajan CMaharajan C
Hi,

Follow the below steps to Verify the Email Service Address:

1. In you email service class include the following line:
System.debug(email);

User-added image

2. Before you send the verification email open developer console to capture the debug log.

3. Now click the verify button or resend email in Forwarding and POP/IMAP settings. 

4. Now go to developer console and you will see the log where you can find the verification code.

User-added image

If it helps mark it as best answer!!!

Thanks,
Maharajan.C
This was selected as the best answer
sufyan p ksufyan p k
hi maharajan
the system works fine thanks for your support :)