function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Matthew VanderMeer 10Matthew VanderMeer 10 

System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object: (CHANNEL_ORDERS)

Hello,

Our users are not able to set up MFA because they cannot modify their user profile to add a mobile phone number. As a system admin, I am able to modify users and my own profile, when the users login they are prompted to add their mobile phone number to configure MFA but when they try to do so they get an error. They also get an error when clicking their avatar and attempt to update their setting. They are getting a System.NullPointerException from a userTrigger in the Channel_Orders name space. Since the trigger is managed I cannot do any further debugging since the logs do not provide me any additional detail.

I have been able to capture the following error:
Error: Invalid Data.
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger CHANNEL_ORDERS.UsersTrigger caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: CHANNEL_ORDERS.UsersTrigger: execution of BeforeUpdatecaused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object: (CHANNEL_ORDERS)

Has any other ISV Partner encountered this?
Best Answer chosen by Matthew VanderMeer 10
In case anyone else stumbles across this thread, I wanted to post the solution.  The CHANNEL_ORDERS managed package is a Salesforce product and we were able to obtain support through Salesforce.  The conclusion was that several objects that were part of this package were not in the Deployed state.  Once we ensured that all objects were Deployed the error was resolved.

Big thanks from me to Martin at Salesforce support, I have been fighting with both the org configuration and Salesforce support over the last several weeks until we found the right person to help.

All Answers

VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Mathew,

Get in touch with your ISV Partner and they can help you to enable debug logs on managed package and fixing the issue.

Thanks,
In case anyone else stumbles across this thread, I wanted to post the solution.  The CHANNEL_ORDERS managed package is a Salesforce product and we were able to obtain support through Salesforce.  The conclusion was that several objects that were part of this package were not in the Deployed state.  Once we ensured that all objects were Deployed the error was resolved.

Big thanks from me to Martin at Salesforce support, I have been fighting with both the org configuration and Salesforce support over the last several weeks until we found the right person to help.
This was selected as the best answer