function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Antonio Marques 13Antonio Marques 13 

multiples Leads are being created - how to identify the source? Apex/External

Hi developers, 

I'm new at development in sf and I'm facing a huge problem (or not, who knows? haha).

There's external forms creating leads inside salesforce, but somehow some of this leads records are being duplicated, for example, sometimes I have 4 leads records with the same information.

I already try to find apex classes and triggers to see if they are responsible for this "duplicating" but the number of classes is huge, some of this classes are "hidden" because of manage app and I'm some dificult to understand what all code lines really do.

Do you have some tricks to find if this is a problem inside salesforce (Apex class, Triggers, etc) or external (The form is sending two, three times the same record)? 

I already checked: 
- Flows;
- Process builder;
- Triggers

These 3 itens doesn't seems to be the problem, but I also have triggers that I couldnt open the code (hidden). 

AbhishekAbhishek (Salesforce Developers) 
https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/228105/how-do-i-track-and-manage-multiple-leads-for-the-same-contact-but-from-different

I think the above developer discussion might help you.
Antonio Marques 13Antonio Marques 13
Hi @Abhishek, unfortunately not, the duplicate records comes with the same information (all fieds) from the same form. I don't know if there is something inside salesforce that creates a clone of the record or the form is sending the same information twice. Thats what I'm trying to discover,a way to know if all of this its happening inside salesforce or outside.