function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Wena KwanWena Kwan 

Issue with private events synced between Salesforce and Outlook

Salesforce was set up to sync events from Outlook calendar excluding the meetings that are marked private. Sync event series and Sync private events are unchecked in the Sync Configuration setting. However recurring events and private events are still pulled into Salesforce calendar. Is this a Salesforce issue or did I miss anything in the setting?Sync Configuration Setting
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
If you need to exclude certain records from syncing check below check points.

> You can choose to sync items you mark as Private in Microsoft® Outlook®. If you don’t want to sync private items, open Salesforce for Outlook Settings, and deselect the types of private items you don’t want to sync.
If you have synced items in Outlook that you later mark as Private, those items remain in Salesforce. The corresponding Salesforce items, however, will no longer receive updates if you modify the ones in Outlook.
> If you don’t want certain Outlook items to sync, regardless of whether they’re marked as Private, assign them to the category Don’t Sync with Salesforce in Outlook. For details on using categories in Outlook, refer to your Outlook documentation.

Reference
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=sf.outlookcrm_sync.htm&type=5

Thanks,
Wena KwanWena Kwan
Hi, Thanks for your reply. Please note that I am using Einstein Activity Capture, not Salesforce for Outlook to sync email. Salesforce for Outlook is retiring and phasing out starting June 2021. I have already marked meeting as Private in Outlook when I created the meeting. Under Einstein Activity Capture | Configuration | Edit | Advanced Sync Setting, I have already deselect “Sync private events”. But private Outlook events are still pulled into Salesforce. Please see image below. [cid:image001.png@01D7254B.2325BE50] Please advise if there are other steps I missed in Einstein Activity Capture to exclude events synching between Salesforce and Outlook. Thanks.
Meggan Landis 11Meggan Landis 11
@Wena, Did you ever find a solution to this? Also, in your org, can other users view items coming through on your Microsoft 365 calendar? I can't seem to find a way to share the calendar with others. Thank you!!