function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BobPBobP 

last modified date keeps updating automatically

My company uses field service appointments and something unusual is happening.
when i click from list view to list view on the service appointments the last modified date and time changes to the current date and time. I can not find why this is happening or if there is a process running to tell me where the issue is.  I can not click on Where the Field is used because it is a standard field.   Does anyone know if there is a way I can find what is updating this field every second?
Best Answer chosen by BobP
ShivankurShivankur (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Bob,

Try using query like below to fetch the users Name:
SELECT Id, LastModifiedDate, LastModifiedBy.Name, OwnerId, LastViewedDate, LastReferencedDate FROM ServiceAppointment
The field 'LastModifiedBy.Name' should give you the name of the user who last modified the Service Appointment record.

And query like below should return you the ID(LastModifiedBy.Id) of the user who modified the Service Appointment record:
SELECT Id, LastModifiedDate, LastModifiedBy.Id, OwnerId, LastViewedDate, LastReferencedDate FROM ServiceAppointment
Hope above information helps, Please mark as Best Answer so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks.

All Answers

Hi Bob,

The last modified date on Service Appointment records would not change with list view refresh until and unless some background operation is in process.

To verify what could have modified the Service Appointment shown in the list view, you can try running below query in Developer console, which should give the correct track with reference to the field - 'LastReferencedDate':
SELECT Id, LastModifiedDate, LastModifiedById, OwnerId, LastViewedDate, LastReferencedDate FROM ServiceAppointment
Ensure to apply WHERE clause and check with specific ID to track the user.

'LastReferencedDate': The date when the service appointment was last modified. Its label in the user interface is Last Modified Date.

Reference:
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.field_service_dev.meta/field_service_dev/sforce_api_objects_serviceappointment.htm

Hope above information helps, Please mark as Best Answer so that it can help others in the future.

Thanks.
BobPBobP
Hello Shivankur,

Thank you fo helping 
How would I add a user to this query, What ID? can you give m e an example 
SELECT Id, LastModifiedDate, LastModifiedById, OwnerId, LastViewedDate, LastReferencedDate FROM ServiceAppointment 
Hi Bob,

Try using query like below to fetch the users Name:
SELECT Id, LastModifiedDate, LastModifiedBy.Name, OwnerId, LastViewedDate, LastReferencedDate FROM ServiceAppointment
The field 'LastModifiedBy.Name' should give you the name of the user who last modified the Service Appointment record.

And query like below should return you the ID(LastModifiedBy.Id) of the user who modified the Service Appointment record:
SELECT Id, LastModifiedDate, LastModifiedBy.Id, OwnerId, LastViewedDate, LastReferencedDate FROM ServiceAppointment

Thanks.
This was selected as the best answer
BobPBobP
Thank you!