function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Brad Nordling 9Brad Nordling 9 

How can I have a PageBlockTable get its records from a method on the controller?

I have a pageBlockTable on a VF page and I want to specify what records to populate it with.  If I use the RecordSetVar, it uses ALL the records in that object.  I want a sub-set of the records, with my specific parameters specified.  I tried a method in the controller extension and wanted to specify that in the value attribute of the pageBlockTable but the code never executed so that was a bust.  How else might I do this?

This is part of the page:
<apex:page standardController="Privilege_Assessment_Record__c" extensions="PrivilegeAssessmentObjectExtensionBulk" recordSetVar="NewBatch">

<apex:form >
       <apex:pageBlock title="Enter Field Values" id="skills_list">        
          <apex:PageBlockTable value="{!NewBatch}" var="record">
            <apex:column value="{!record.Name}"/>                    
            <apex:column value="{!record.RecordType.Name}" headerValue="Record Type"/>

Here's the method in the controller:
    public static List<Privilege_assessment_record__c> NewBatch() { 
        string myParam = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('bulkBatchID');       
        return [
            SELECT Id, Name, Method_of_Review__c, Patient_MRN__c, 
                   Diagnosis_Procedure__c, Benchmark_Threshold_for_success__c, 
                   Result__c, recordType.Name, bulkBatchID__c
            FROM Privilege_assessment_record__c
            WHERE bulkBatchID__c = :myParam
        ];
    }
Best Answer chosen by Brad Nordling 9
Brad Nordling 9Brad Nordling 9
I figured it out.  My class looks like this now:
public with sharing class PrivilegeAssessmentObjectExtensionBulk{         
    public List<Privilege_Assessment_Record__c> NewtBatch {get; set;}

public PrivilegeAssessmentObjectExtensionBulk(ApexPages.StandardSetController stdController) {      
        string myParam = ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('bulkBatchID');     
        assessmentBatch = new List<Privilege_Assessment_Record__c>();
            for(Privilege_Assessment_Record__c par: [SELECT Id, Name, Method_of_Review__c, Patient_MRN__c, Diagnosis_Procedure__c, 
                Benchmark_Threshold_for_success__c, Result__c, recordType.Name, bulkBatchID__c
                FROM Privilege_assessment_record__c WHERE bulkBatchID__c = :myParam]) {                 
                     AssessmentBatch.add(par);
            }    
    }