function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
이상희이상희 

Activate ICU locale format

hi,
i read email asking me to activate ICU locale format.
so In release update menu, test guided SOQL Query and complete stage.
then, ICU update content In 'needs action' tab migrate 'ARCHIVED' tab.
What shoud i more do to activate ICU locale format?
ShivankurShivankur (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi ,

To help you do business wherever you are, we’re adopting the International Components for Unicode (ICU) formats for dates and times. ICU sets the international standard for these formats for all locales. The new formats provide a consistent experience across the Salesforce platform and improve integration with ICU-compliant applications across the globe. The ICU formats replace Oracle’s Java 8 Development Kit (JDK8) formats. This update was first made available in Winter ’20.

Note: Salesforce enforces this update in Spring ’22. Salesforce orgs created in Winter ’20 or later have ICU locale formats enabled by default.

Reference:
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=release-notes.rn_forcecom_globalization_enable_icu_locales_ru.htm&release=228&type=5

Hope above information helps. Please mark as Best Answer so that it can help others in future.

Thanks.
Wilfong MichelWilfong Michel
Alternatively, you can format the Calendar object itself, which will use the timezone and time from that calendar:
unicodeString = dateFormat -> format(*calendar, unicodeString, (FieldPositionIterator*) nullptr, // ignored uErrorCode);
Note, though, that using the above function, the calendar type had better match that of the dateformat. An easy way to do that is to make sure you pass in the locale parameter when creating the calendar:
// above: Calendar* calendar = Calendar::createInstance(timeZone, locale, uErrorCode);

Upsers (https://www.upsers.page/)
Happy RajiHappy Raji
We are using Salesforce REST APIs in our integration. Do we need to take care of anything regarding this ICU format enforcement?