function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jithendra M 14jithendra M 14 

Page is not showing for creating Forecast Types?

Dear All,

I have enabled forecasts in my org. But While I try to access forecast types page its showing "The page you requested was not found, or you do not have permission to view this page."

May I know the reason?User-added image

mukesh guptamukesh gupta
Hi Jithendra,

Please follow below url:-

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=sf.forecasts3_defining_forecasts_settings.htm&type=5

if you need any assistanse, Please let me know!!

Kindly mark my solution as the best answer if it helps you.

Thanks
Mukesh
jithendra M 14jithendra M 14
Thanks for sharing the link, I have already seen this and everything seems ok, but still unable to access this page. Is there any other constraints for this error?
Carolin BeckerCarolin Becker
Same here. I have enabled Forecasting, but get no access to the forecasting types.
Ian Lin 639Ian Lin 639
Had the same issue, Just refresh the session you are on and you will see Forecast types under set up. 
Ian Lin 671Ian Lin 671

I had the same issue, after reading this (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=release-notes.rn_sales_features_core_forecasting_type_setup.htm&type=5&release=232) 

"... If you’re using Salesforce Classic, switch to Lightning Experience to find the Forecast Types page. Forecast type administration is now available in Lightning Experience only." 

I switched to classic and switched back to lightning again, and it works. Probably for the reason mention by @Ian Lin 639.

Natalie HustonNatalie Huston

I am having this issue while going through the Optimize Sales Forecasts Module.  I've launched multiple playgrounds, followed the steps, refreshed and I am getting the same message as Jithendra. 

Any guidance is greatly approciated. 
Thank you! 

Zach RobinsonZach Robinson
I am also having this issue when working through the Get Started with Collaborative Forecasts module. I have refreshed the playground and tried switching to classic and back to lightning.
Forecast Types is still not showing in Setup.
Sanjoy Ghosh 2Sanjoy Ghosh 2
I am also facing the same issue. Switching to Classic and then again switching to lightning did not resolved this issue. Still facing the issue, any help would be highly appreciated. 
Jason ThurgoodJason Thurgood
Looks like logging a case with Salesforce Support is the answer.  

User-added image
Fakhruddin Bandukwala 7Fakhruddin Bandukwala 7
Enable Forecast Settings -> Save. Now refresh your page and you will see two new items in Setup Tree for Forecasts - Quotas and Types.