function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rod Tyler 38Rod Tyler 38 

Reliable Metadata Search (like Eclipse did)

Hello everyone. I know this question has been posted before but wanted to revisit with a fresh set of eyes. So as you know, admins need to search an ENTIRE org's metadata for various reasons. For my use case, I need to find every instance of where the word 'Loan' is being used... (i,e, picklist values, report filters, flows, everything.)

In the past, Eclipse was pretty decent at doing this but, the force.com IDE is no longer available and it is suggested to move to VS Code. Fighting with getting a solid metadata dump through vscode package.xml is making this not a decent solution for this task.(too many errors)

I know there are appexchange apps like Satrang's Metadata Search but, I find that is not finding everything either. OwnBackup seems like it might work too? I JUST NEED A SIMPLE WAY TO FIND MY NEEDLE IN THE METADATA HAYSTACK! Is this too much to ask? 

What are your experiences and tools that work reliably for you?
ella rithella rith
Buying a good AC for home meant that people would gape at you with open mouths. Different kinds of ACs like split air conditioners, window air conditioners, and central air conditioning systems adorn most houses in India today. If you are ready this summer to purchase the best and popular air conditioner, check https://bestacinindia.co.in to get an all-brand AC price list in India.
Bobby UzdavinesBobby Uzdavines
Did you figure something out for this? I have the same question.
Rod Tyler 41Rod Tyler 41
I found a couple options. happysoup.io and a related product which is really good, app.salto.io