function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
James GriffeyJames Griffey 

Apex CPU time limit exceeded error email alerts

I was told to post this here since we don't have premiere support.

I started getting countless error emails with this title related to a variety of Flows that I haven't touched. Has anyone else been experiencing this? And if so, how do I fix it? 

I was told to post the Flow Details here, but that would turn this into a very long post if I posted every Flow here that has started returning this error.

Thank you
Suraj Tripathi 47Suraj Tripathi 47
Hi,

Apex CPU time limit exceeded means your transaction is taking too long and can't be completed. It's also likely a signal of greater problems in your system.
Please follow the below link:- https://lanefour.com/2020/05/22/apex-cpu-time-limit-exceeded/

Please mark it as Best Answer if it helps you.

Thanks & Regards
Suraj Tripathi
mukesh guptamukesh gupta
Hi Jemes,

you can manage by reduce the batch size,

Salesforce limits CPU usage to 10 seconds for synchronous transactions and 60 seconds for asynchronous transactions. Seeing the error “Apex CPU time limit exceeded” means your transaction is taking too long and can’t be completed. It’s also likely a signal of greater problems in your system. It’s common to see this error when you’re inserting or updating records in Salesforce, particularly when tools, integrations, and automation are putting a strain on your system.

https://lanefour.com/2020/05/22/apex-cpu-time-limit-exceeded/

if you need any assistanse, Please let me know!!

Kindly mark my solution as the best answer if it helps you.

Thanks
Mukesh 
Ashish Singh SFDCAshish Singh SFDC
Hi James Griffey,

You would have to go through the flow which is causing this problem. You need to reproduce the issue. One very common reason can be you're two processes are leading to Recursion OR For Loop inside another For Loop.

You need to do Root Cause Analysis. Try to analzye the flow, if you catch if not then reproduct the issue. If issue is reproduced then simple put a Debug Log on that Particular user and read each and every line. You would surely get idea what going wrong and where.

Then based on your analysis, you need to fix the issue. This would take good amount of time but its doable.

If you need any assistance. let me know.

Thanks,
Ashish Singh