function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rajesh T 19Rajesh T 19 

What's the role of Pricebookentry playing to add the products in Opportunity ?

I could see the pricebookentry is created for all the currencies(if org has multi-currency enabled ) for each product. Can anyone explain me in simple laymen terms why we are using pricebookentry for adding products in opportunity ?
mukesh guptamukesh gupta
HI Rajesh,

PricebookEntry:-
Represents a product entry (an association between a Pricebook2 and Product2) in a price book.

Use this object to define the association between your organization’s products (Product2) and your organization’s standard price book or to other, custom-defined price books ( Pricebook2). Create one PricebookEntry record for each standard or custom price and currency combination for a product in a Pricebook2.

If you delete a PriceBookEntry while a line item references it, the line item is unaffected, but the PriceBookEntry will be archived and unavailable from the API. Deleted PriceBookEntry records can’t be recovered.

You must load the standard price for a product before you are permitted to load its custom price(s).

User-added image

if you need any assistanse, Please let me know!!

Kindly mark my solution as the best answer if it helps you.

Thanks
Mukesh 
Suraj Tripathi 47Suraj Tripathi 47
Hi, Rajesh T 19

Greetings!

Basically, pricebookentry is the junction between pricebook and product so the working of the price book entry is to create price entry for the product. So When you create any product you have to define its price and for that, you have to create pricebookentry.

If you find your solution mark this as the best answer.

Thank you!

Regards,
Suraj Tripathi