function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Rahul Chavan 36Rahul Chavan 36 

in general to restrict edit contact

when we go to account all contact we see also sometimes other account and contact we can see and many times other accounts contact we can edit,so how to avoid it??we see other aacount and there contact but cannot edit only login account which we authorize can be editable. i try it with look up filter. plz solve it and answer with step wise so i understand how to do it??
Best Answer chosen by Rahul Chavan 36
PriyaPriya (Salesforce Developers) 

Hi Rahul,

Your requirement is not very clear but below is my comment :-

In the profile, for any object, if you give the "View All" , then the user with this profile can see all the records of that org. 
If you give "Modify All", then the user will be able to see(read) all the records and can also edit any records (even if he has not created it) in that org.

So to resrtict them, you can uncheck those access in profile.

For more information, kindly refer below link :- 

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/content/learn/modules/data_security/data_security_objects

Please mark it as best answer if the above information helps you. 

Regards,

Priya Ranjan

All Answers

PriyaPriya (Salesforce Developers) 

Hi Rahul,

Your requirement is not very clear but below is my comment :-

In the profile, for any object, if you give the "View All" , then the user with this profile can see all the records of that org. 
If you give "Modify All", then the user will be able to see(read) all the records and can also edit any records (even if he has not created it) in that org.

So to resrtict them, you can uncheck those access in profile.

For more information, kindly refer below link :- 

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/content/learn/modules/data_security/data_security_objects

Please mark it as best answer if the above information helps you. 

Regards,

Priya Ranjan

This was selected as the best answer
Rahul Chavan 36Rahul Chavan 36
thank you priya, i appreciate ur help , yes i got ur point i tried, but my requirment is when user or who login when try to edit or create new contact he/she can only able to edit/create/delete his owned contact not owner account like if he owned recrord R1 he able to edit but not record R2 which he not owned. yes we can acheived by sharing setting but can we acheived it on user window by appling some filter i.e. my question?? thank in advance