function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Glenn Nyhan 121Glenn Nyhan 121 

Survey Scoring

I've create a survey on a FormAssembly form and a coresponding object in Salesforce that capture the respondants contact information and response to survey questions. What I'm trying to do is assign a numeric grade to each answer, ex. Excellent = 100, Very Good = 80 etc. I'd like to have the scores to parse through Tableau for satistical analysis. Any help with a solution would be greatly appreciate. Best, Glenn
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Glenn,

I dont think we can currently compute a score based on survey response.
Kindly review below limitation.

https://ideas.salesforce.com/s/idea/a0B8W00000GdXSyUAN/salesforce-surveys-provide-a-way-to-determine-average-scores-on-surveys

Please mark as Best Answer if above information was helpful.

Thanks,
Santosh Joshi 11Santosh Joshi 11
Sure, I can help you with that. Here's one possible solution:
  1. In your FormAssembly form, create a "select one" question for each survey question, with answer choices that correspond to the numeric grades you want to assign (e.g., "Excellent" = 100, "Very Good" = 80, etc.).
  2. In Salesforce, create a custom field on the object that captures the survey responses for each survey question, with a data type of "Number".
  3. Set up a Salesforce process (e.g., using Process Builder) that runs when a new survey response is created, and maps each answer choice to the corresponding numeric grade and updates the custom fields with those grades.
  4. In Tableau, connect to the Salesforce object that captures the survey responses, and use the custom fields with the numeric grades to perform statistical analysis as needed.
I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or if there's anything else I can assist you with.
Glenn Nyhan 121Glenn Nyhan 121
This is very helpful Santosh. Thanks so much for this solution. I'll give it a try and let you know if I have any questions. Be well, Glenn