function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lakshya KanchanLakshya Kanchan 

Queries wrt the Lightning Experience

Hi

I have the queries wrt the Lightning Experience:

1. If My Domain is enabled in the org, that means the org will be having Lightning Experience available?
2. Can there still be clients who are still not having Lightning Experience available at the org level?
3. Can we completely rollback to Salesforce Classic mode after removing Lightning Experience.

Thanks and Regards,
Lakshya
SubratSubrat (Salesforce Developers) 
Hello Lakshya ,

1). Enabling My Domain in the org is a prerequisite for using Lightning Experience. When My Domain is enabled, it provides a unique URL for accessing the org, which is required for Lightning Experience. So, if My Domain is enabled in the org, Lightning Experience will be available.

2).Yes, it is possible that some users may not have access to Lightning Experience even if it is enabled in the org. This could be due to different reasons such as their profiles not having the Lightning Experience user permission, their permissions not being properly set up for accessing specific Lightning Experience features, or their browsers not being compatible with Lightning Experience.

3). It is not possible to completely rollback to Salesforce Classic mode after removing Lightning Experience. While some features that are only available in Salesforce Classic may still be accessible through the Classic interface, Lightning Experience and is unlikely to provide a complete rollback option.

If the above information helps , please mark this as Best Answer.
Thank you.
Lakshya KanchanLakshya Kanchan
Hi Subrat

Thanks for the response.

I have 2 followup questions based on answer 2 & 3.

1) Wrt your answer 2, the behavior you stated will not be there on System Admin profile, right? It can only be levied on other profiles apart from the System Admin profile.
2) Wrt your answer 3, what do you mean by complete rollback? With complete rollback, my understanding was that like 2-3yrs back when lightning experience was not stable, we used to get an option of reverting the lightning experience rollout to users. After this, the user would be in Classic mode, but can move to Lightning mode once rolled out again.

Awaiting your response.

Regards,
Lakshya