function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
KenBarlowKenBarlow 

Salesforce EventRelayConfiguration not creation creating partner event source in AWS.

Let me start by saying that I followed the tutorial here (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/platform/event-relay/guide/relay-events-section.html) and got it working great and deployed that funcitonality to production. 

In the same sandbox that was working weeks prior I noticed that the events were being generated in Salesforce (as I could see them in workbech) but the events are not being sent to AWS EventBridge partner event source. I thought that the partner event source could be broken or something so I attempted to create a new one and even that isn't working. Where I notice the issue is when I create the Event Relay Configuration I then query to see the status of the EventRelayFeedback and there I can see that the RemoteResource (connection to AWS EventBridge) is not created. What should I do next? How can I troulbeshoot or fix this?

KenBarlowKenBarlow
Here's the EventRelayFeedback screenshot showing that even after making the Event Relay Configuration it doesn't create the remote resource.

User-added image
Karna DesaiKarna Desai
I am also stuck in the same step. When I logged into AWS, partner event source is not created. Did you resolve this issue?
KenBarlowKenBarlow
I did, I found that the issue had nothing to do with my code and that there was a full on outage of the Salesforce EventRelay to AWS EventBridge the other day that lasted 3 days and hit our production instance as well. It was very frustrating that there was no communication from SF about it. If you go query the EventRealyFeedback in SOQL you can see if it made the RemoteResource (which is the event partner source in AWS) and if it did then you're ok and if not then somehow there's still an issue. I will say that the tutorial for EventRelay worked out really well though for getting it all setup. Let me know if you're still having the issue and I'll share more details about my setup.
Jincy JoshwaJincy Joshwa
Hi Ken, 
I'm facing the same issue. I can see the RemoteResource generated via SOQL, but there is no Partner Event Source in Amazon EventBridge. How did you find about the outage? Were there any other fixes that you had to do?
Thanks in advance!
KenBarlowKenBarlow
There was no official report the outage, but I saw in my AWS Console that the lambda function had literally stopped working for three days, and then started working all by itself again. For me, it took about 2 to 3 days for it to finally resolve the issue and no matter how many times I re-created things using the API. It never fixed it. That’s probably not the answer you’re looking for, but that’s the truth. I hope that in your case that it resolved sooner.