function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nick VerschuerenNick Verschueren 

VS code started using push instead of deploy

Hi,

we use VScode to develop, and we have it set to automatically deploy a file when it is saved.

Now today after updating the SFDX extensions, when we save, he tries to do force:source: instead of the deploy function. 

This gives a lot of conflicts which we were able to fix with first doing the source:pull, but this pull way to many files int our vscode, every object and setting, we don't want to overflow ourd repo's with all this data that we do not need. and it is SOOOOOOO SLOW that is makes working very unpleasant.

We can still use the deploy when we right click and choose, "deploy source to org", but we just want vscode to keep doing this when we save a file. This change has cost us too much time for something we don't want to use.

How can I have vscode keep using the deploy function on save instead of the push?

Best Answer chosen by Nick Verschueren
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Nick,

Another user reported this behaviour here: https://github.com/forcedotcom/salesforcedx-vscode/issues/4813

I've reached out to the Salesforce Product team internally and will update this thread as I have an update.

Thanks
Swetha Maddali
Salesforce.com Support