function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Umair Mohammad 10Umair Mohammad 10 

Record Type + Picklist values

Hey good folks,

Once again, I am back with another inquiry.  Straightforward question, but I have no idea the complexity of how to get what I need.

ASK: The ability to see Record Type (5) of them & see how many times their picklist values have been used. 

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance :) 
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Umair,

If I understand correctly you want to know how many times picklist values been used in salesforce, unfortunately this is limitation in salesforce.  Kindly review below Idea link and vote.

https://ideas.salesforce.com/s/idea/a0B8W00000Gdgv9UAB/picklist-values-obtaining-a-count-of-what-is-used-and-what-is-not

Also would request you to check on appexchange if there are any tools available that matches your requirement.

https://appexchange.salesforce.com/

Please mark as Best Answer if above information was helpful.

Thanks,
Arun Kumar 1141Arun Kumar 1141
Hi Umair,

Depending on factors like the record's source, status, or kind, some systems employ record types to categorise records or data entries. For instance, distinct data types for leads, opportunities, and accounts may exist in a sales CRM system.

On the other side, picklist values are predetermined choices or values that users can make while inputting information in specific fields. For instance, you might include a picklist column for the lead source in a lead record with possibilities like "Referral", "Website", "Event", etc.

Now, in response to your query.
  • You might need to travel to that record in your CRM or database and look at its fields if you have a certain record in mind and want to check its record type and picklist values. The record type and picklist values may be visible right away, based on the system, or you may need to open the record in edit mode in order to examine and alter its fields.
  • You may need to run a report or query in your CRM or database that includes those fields if you want to see a list of records sorted by their record type and picklist values. Again, specific procedures will vary depending on the system you're using, but in principle, you should be able to design a report or filter that shows the data you require.
  • You might have to utilise a more sophisticated tool, like analytics or data visualisation, to discover how frequently each picklist value has been used across all records of a particular record type. Depending on the system, you might be able to make a dashboard or graphic that displays the distribution of picklist values for a certain record type as well as the number of records that contain each value.
If you find this answer helpful, please mark it as the best answer.
Thank you.