function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eden WheelerEden Wheeler 

Can I take an Azure development course after completing Salesforce certification?

Hello everyone, last month I joined the Salesforce certification program. I am now interested in pursuing an Azure development course (https://www.igmguru.com/cloud-computing/microsoft-azure-developer-az-203-certification-training/). Can I enroll in this course after completing the Salesforce certification, or are there any prerequisites I should be aware of?

SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Eden,
Azure and Salesforce are different platforms. Unless there is a dependency,(which I don't think is the case here) the sequence of pursuing the Salesforce/Azure course will not matter.You don't necessarily need to have any prerequisites in terms of Salesforce certifications or experience

It is recommended to have a good understanding of programming fundamentals and experience with at least one programming language, preferably in a web development context.

If this information helps, please mark the answer as best. Thank you

Shuvam PatraShuvam Patra
Of course! Your learning path largely depends on your career objectives and job requirements.
If your role or future job aspiration involves working on cloud solutions that span different platforms, it's beneficial to have expertise in more than one technology. Salesforce and Azure serve different purposes: Salesforce is a leading CRM platform, while Azure is widely used for cloud computing services.
The knowledge you gained from Salesforce certification can potentially give you a broader understanding of cloud-based solutions. Taking an Azure development course afterwards will further strengthen your skills in the cloud computing space. However, it's important to ensure that the investment in time and resources aligns with your professional needs and goals. 

If this information helps you, please mark the answer as the best. 

Shuvam PatraShuvam Patra

Absolutely! Salesforce and Azure are different platforms, and one doesn't directly lead into the other. That said, learning Azure after Salesforce is totally fine. You might want to note though, for the Azure Developer (AZ-203) certification, having some prior knowledge of software development and Azure's services, SDKs, and APIs is helpful.

If this information helps you, please mark it as the best answer.