function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Laura BrewerLaura Brewer 

Formula - Trying to return values from $User based on matching custom field values between $User and $Account

I have a custom ID field on Account and a custom ID field on User that are matching fields being populated from an External source.  I'm trying to return First and Last Name from User to Account when those custom ID fields match.  

Something like..... If custom Acct ID field = custom User ID field, then populate separate custom formula field on Account with User's First and Last Name.  

I've been trying to do this with an IF statement, but cannot figure out how to do the EQUALS between the two custom ID fields.

Another thought I had was to create the the custom Account field as a lookup field to User table with a dependent lookup on matching the custom ID's between the two.  This would identify the value, but not auto-populate the field since it's a Lookup.  I assume you could APEX the selection and populate the field based on the match, but I'm looking for a no-code solution.  Anyone have thoughts on this???
Naren9Naren9
Hi Laura,
In order to use the EQUALs between two custom ID fields, you have to have the Lookup relationship between Account and Contact based on Custom ID field.
And to prepopulate the Look up field, we can use the Process Builder.
Below is the link:

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000220643&language=en_US&type=1

Thanks,
Narendar