function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Basil DobekBasil Dobek 

ERROR running force:project:create: Cannot read property 'create' of undefined

Hi, I'm trying to create a new empty project using the Salesforce CLI and I receive the message "ERROR running force:project:create  Cannot read property 'create' of undefined".    Does anyone know what might be causing this or how to further troubleshoot it? 

The command I'm entering in the terminal is "sfdx force:project:create --projectname VSCodeQuickStart".   I've tried "sfdx force:project:create --projectname VSCodeQuickStart --manifest" as well.

Thank you

Best Answer chosen by Basil Dobek
Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Basil,

Greetings to you!

Please make sure you are using the latest version of salesforcedx. Try to update the CLI
sfdx update

If the problem still persists, uninstall the salesforcedx and reinstall it.

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas

All Answers

Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Basil,

Greetings to you!

Please make sure you are using the latest version of salesforcedx. Try to update the CLI
sfdx update

If the problem still persists, uninstall the salesforcedx and reinstall it.

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas
This was selected as the best answer
Basil DobekBasil Dobek
Thank you Khan.  SFDX Update fixed it!    Bonus for fixing in less than 2 hours, much appreciated.
Robin Fortney 4Robin Fortney 4
Can you tell me where I would run the sfdx update command?
Robert Romolo 6Robert Romolo 6
Robin, you can run the 'sfdx update' command from the command line.