function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
prasad p 18prasad p 18 

which api is used to design visual force page?

NagendraNagendra (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Prasad,

Visualforce is a framework which is used to design the UI side in Salesforce and am not sure what exactly you mean when you say "which API used in visualforce pages" Could you please elaborate on that.

Visualforce design, if mean user interface, doesn't use any API. You can use JQuery, Bootstrap for designing purpose, or you can write your own CSS for the same. Majority of the standard HTML styling is available in Visualforce so you can make use of that.

Hope this helps.

Kindly mark this as solved if the reply was helpful.

Thanks,
Nagendra
JayantJayant
Basically the APIs can be broadly classified in 2 categories - 
1. APIs that interact with Salesforce data i.e. the records within various objects like Account, Contact or Custom Objects. SOAP and REST API fall into this category. Visual Force is native to Salesforce platform and thus doesn't require either of these APIs to interact with underlying platform or data.
2. APIs that interact with Salesforce metadata i.e. the structure or definition of objects, page layouts etc. including VF pages. Metadata API falls into this category and can be used to retrieve, deploy, create, update or delete customization information for any organization.

You can interact with the structure of a VF page (I am assuming this is what you mean by design) using the Metadata API.
Ajay K DubediAjay K Dubedi
Hi Prasad,

You should not use API in your VF Page but yes you can use API in your Controller which are a link to your page
because API first means building a robust API for a feature before focusing on designing its UI.
You can follow this link to know about API in Salesforce:

https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/content/learn/modules/api_basics/api_basics_overview

I hope you find the above solution helpful. If it does, please mark as Best Answer to help others too.
Thanks,
Ajay Dubedi